The Keeper

Hi Peeps!

Today I'm sharing another altered book!! Yup... another... I am LOVING making these, quite therapeutic really and I love the end result. The new releases from IndigoBlu are just perfect for this kind of look too!



Big shout out to Jenny again, who so kindly sent me some book base die cuts and this gorgeous Birch Tree Die. Doesn't it look perfect with the Cartography papers peeking through from behind? 

I used their English Cottage paint in Hot Cocoa on top of a coat of Black Gee-sso Good.


This time I decided to fill the pages with some stamping. I've learnt a few lessons again, which is great and just makes me want to do more so I can improve. 

The above stamped page is from the Map Background stamp. Reminds me very much of Lord of the Rings realm :)


The stamps on this page are Calculus and Mechanics


This one is Script. I have a few word or script stamps and this is one of the best out there. A script stamp should be a staple in any collection and really recommend this above the others as it is a great size, stamps cleanly and the lettering is just perfect!!


This lady is called 'Elsie'. I stamped her after I had the paper crinkled, but I really like the abstract way she came out!! 

Come check out what my other teamies have made here, they are a super talented bunch.

TTFN
Gee
x




17 comments

  1. LOVE the way this came out and the effect you got with the stamping on crumpled papers! An awesome book Georgie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another amazing book Georgie!! What die tree is that exactly, so you know? hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birch tree I think, I'll find out and email a link to one... xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is amazing, Georgie! How awesome does this tree die look over the map! TOTALLY! Such a cool design! I found a charm I bought with a cool bee and have been wanting to use it in a similar way. Great minds...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So amazing, Georgie! Wish I hadn't passed up that die now! Looks so ancient! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vintage grungy BLISS....I'm so with you, a good script stamp is one of those 'must haves'.....that paper range is REALLY nice, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee, every time you make one of these books of wonder I squeal in delight and awe! Holy friggin cow in a hand basket dearie! I am absolutely drooling over all of your books and this one is just as amazeballs! Ohhhh how I wish I could see you in action designing these. Fantabulous and stunning works and the added bonus of the pages inside-magical!!!!!! Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing piece of art! I love it! Congratulations on your new dt Mixed Media Place :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, love the contrasting tones and textures on the front. Gorgeous! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Georgie, another exquisite work of art from you! Huge congrats on your new DT at Mixed Media Place! You are super talented and it's definitely well deserved, my friend! Big hugs to you! Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! Love the texture, great use of the die and the papers! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I didn't realise it was 'Elsie' until you said, how clever, she looks amazing - and so does your book! I am sure I saw something that looks just like this on the Indigo Blu stand at Stitches.... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, yes it was there! Very surreal seeing on the IB video. Wish I went too but will aim for next year xx

      Delete
  12. Another stunning project, a beauty for the eye! Boy did I also have some catching up to do! Your work is amazing my friend!

    ReplyDelete