Sparkle and Shine Christmas Tags

I had an idea for Christmas tags this year a little while a go, inspired of course by a tag that Tim Holtz did, and then when Country View Challenges came up with the Sparkle and Shine Challenge for October it gave me the kick start that I needed to get them going.





I used the Tim Holtz Carved Ornaments die with the ‘JOY’ movers and shapers with mount board. Then inked that with Barn Door Distress Ink and once dry I used Rock Candy Crackle Distress.

Some I have left alone and some I went over to fill the cracks with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

After the top sections were done I cut ovals so it would have a black background for the Black Distress Stickles to go on.

Whilst everything was drying I then cut good quality ivory card from the ornaments die, without the ‘JOY’ movers and shapers, to go on the back to address the labels so they can be addressed to the lucky recipient :) Hehe I looooove Christmas xx



3 comments

  1. I love Christmas too and I love how you created this beautiful tag, the 'joy' looks great as part of the bauble and the black and red look wonderful together. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Georgie! Such an expensive looking tag-you'll have folk wondering what the parcel could possibly hold!! Love those colours together! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Georgie,
    Your tag is gorgeous, with the crackle! Perfect color combo, too! thank you for visiting my blog and your lovely comment about my Dream On Haunted House. I would love you to visit again...I have a nice little haunted house called Trick or Treat you might like, too, as well as my other numerous Halloween posts:). You are inspiring me to get shifted to my Christmas frame of mind! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete