The Curse of 31


Happy Monday!!

The month of October is upon us and all the ghosts, goblins and spooky pumpkins come out to play! Oh boy, I do love some of the Halloween projects, yet I've never really attempted on, so the challenge we have over at Anything But Cute had me a little stumped... so I started in May, or was it April? It was a looooong time a go hehe.


The challenge this month is:

 31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN

"If you love Halloween like I do, it's more than just one day out of the year, it's a season! For this challenge I would like you to make a mixed media card or project for Halloween. It can be spooky or not, but you MUST include the number "31" somewhere in your project. We can't wait to see the creative ways you'll be incorporating this number in your mixed media piece!"



So... have you heard of The Curse of 31? 

It's an old, old tale, an urban legend if you like. A story lost in time, lost among a thousand other stories. Some say not even those born of mad men would mutter the words that could rip your soul and take your body, leaving you looking at the world through hollow eyes, branded and marked. A warning to others. 

Would you dare try it?

Say '31' five times in the presence of five black spiders, in the twilight hours on the 31st day of the tenth month. The spiders must be placed on a ritually painted black pumpkin, then you... okay okay, my imagination got the better of me whilst creating this. The real scary thing is that my son (three years old) loves him!! Seriously, how?? 'Mummy, that's our pumpkin isn't it? We made that, didn't we?'

Hmm... Mother of the year?! :)

Anyway my lovelies, I hope you all have an amazing fabulous week and I'll be catching up with you all soon

Hugs 
Georgie
xxx

Edit: A quick 'how to...'

Start out with one of those plain terracotta garden pumpkins
Aluminium foil tape and cover a couple of sheets of A4 thin card
Cut into triangles or random pointy shapes
Run through with an embossing folder, I used a Tim Holtz gears one
Put these to one side for now
Cover with strips of more foil tape over the whole pumpkin, allow wrinkles to freely form
Next, add Black Soot Distress Paint, allow to dry enough that when you wipe away some stays and the relief of the bumps is still shiny - iykwim
Then glue the embossed shapes, starting around the face features first. I recommend Glossy Accents for this, allow to dry over night before going any further
More Distress Paint, with the wipe away method
Add the spiders and apply the wipe away technique to those too

Hope this helps :) Very few ingredients but they have a great impact!
Gee x


I'd like to enter this in:





23 comments

  1. Georgie! What a work of art! and your story had me on the edge of my seat! You get my vote for Mother of the Year, doll, and artist of the season, too! Greatly placed "31"!!!! Here's a huge round of applause! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you made this? It's amazing! It's fabulous! Wow! You don't mention how you created it, but since there's no way I could ever make something like this, it's just as well! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Halloween piece of art, Georgie! Oh, my dear, I adore that grunge industrial look! What amazing spiders! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! Your little son recognizes ART! Huge hugs to you! Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fantastic! Any chance of details?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Georgie, this is beyond amazing. I love it.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee!!! This is so awesome sauce and your story......I didn't want it to end!!! I can definitely see why your son loves this! I am totally trying this on a pumpkin this year! I love using the foul tape and the wipe away method so this it totes right up there on my list to do! You have a fantastical way of accomplishing all of your wonderfuk designs and I think that dark suits you as well. What an amazeballs creation and those spiders and the #31 add the perfect finishing touch! Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gobsmackingly, jaw droppingly amazagobs!!!!!! Thoroughly delicious yarn to match. And the mum of the year award is a shoe-in I reckon. Looking very 'Knights Templar ' to me:):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, for some reason I cannot get my comment to stay here.... one more try. I love your spooky Halloween pumpkin, from the amazing embossing and colour, to the spooky spiders and of course, the wonderful story you tell - you almost had me believing it! Thanks for sharing the details too, it is always good to know how you put your amazing creations together. Your son has excellent taste!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is really fantastic and I think I better run right out and find me one of those pumpkins - surely I can find one. You have made me one happy camper! Thanks for telling us how to do it!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of the most gorgeous yet creepy pumpkins I have ever laid my eyes on! Only you can make something so cool! and yes, you definitely deserve Mom of the Year award!!! This pumpkin is the ultimate highlight of this Halloween season for me!
    Hugs :)
    Samra

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome project! Perfect home decor piece for Halloween. Your little boy must be very brave, coz, let me tell you, it gave me the hibbie jibbies :-)
    Hugs,
    Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Georgie! This really is amazing! You and your son did a good job! So many fabulous details to take in! No wonder you started way back in Spring! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh... Georgie! This is absolutely wonderful, a great and amazing design for Halloween.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely terrific Halloween creativity - what a fantastic decor piece.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the gorgeous creepiness of your Pumpkin, it holds a certain fascination that's for sure.
    Beautifully created and embellished and if you don't like spiders,like me,you have added just enough to send a shiver down my back,lol
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Incredible texture, what an amazing and spooky pumpkin, love him! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool idea Georgie, love this brilliant texture!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant! Love the metallic embossed pumpkin...great idea.Thanks for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Good luck, Rupa(DT).

    ReplyDelete
  19. That pumpkin is so steampunk and adorable. Great idea. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  20. That pumpkin is so steampunk and adorable. Great idea. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooo your storytelling is wonderful and this piece with it deliciously wicked! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! Nanette, DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. YEAH Georgie - congrats on your win - so well deserved. I love your skull because it's so unique - elegant. Great inspiration! j.

    ReplyDelete