Mixed Media World Challenge - Get In Gear

Hi lovelies,

Just a quick post sharing a mixed media tag I have done for the challenge over at Mixed Media World.

The challenge this month is Get In Gear and here is my take on it:


For the gears I used chippies from Dusty Attic, I do like their designs!


The colours were inspired by the Lindy's Stamp Gang Color Challenge for April. I do enjoy their mood boards, so vibrant and I'm really loving the brights right now. Lindy's sprays, for me, have to be the best out there in terms of colour quality and variety. Plus they have the extras with embossing powders and Magicals... yum!!



I used some bling from Prima to add a little extra sparkle.



I did some 'rough' stamping on the gears/clock as well as the base to bring the two layers together. 



 I know when people think 'gears' their mind will go rusty brown colours, but I really wanted to change that idea with exploring brights. I used Prima's Debutante chipboard pieces, and the 'Grand Time' seemed like the perfect way to capture the idea of gears.



I embossed all the gears with Lindy's EP, Merry Go Round Green

I'd like to enter this tag into Lindy's Stamp Gang Color Challenge for April


I used the following products:




15 comments

  1. WOW! Great take on the challenge theme Georgie, and you are right: most people including me, will automatically think brown and rust with this theme, but you opened horizons to something completely different!
    Thank you for the inspiration!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Georgie, thanks for joining in with our spring challenge over at Country View. I agree that it's really refreshing to see some bright gears, you've made a really lovely vibrant tag with lots of lovely texture x
    Jane DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag Georgie, great mix of vibrant colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gears can be feminine, totally! Awesome sauce tag you designed and the embossing powder is delightful! Wonderful details as usual and so danged pretty! Fantabulous dearie. Hugs to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely project, Georgie. Love the vibrant colours!
    Hugs ~ Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, Georgie, what a brilliant idea to create feminine style gears! It's a stunning tag with such rich textures and amazingly beautiful vibrant colours! Love every single detail! Big hugs to you, my dear! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your feminine, bright side of rusty gears! My mind can imagine the rust, dear, so no worries! Your background is so richly textured and beautifully colored and shows off those delicate gears! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great tag... Thanks for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the gorgeous colours on your tag - so vibrant and beautiful - they are happy colours! Great treatment on the cogs too. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Georgie! I just love all the bits of different types of glitter you added. This tag must shine and shimmer like crazy in real life! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a feminine take on industrial and I'm loving it! This is my kind of gear setup! Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect dimensional composition and stunning colours, Georgie - I adore this!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet and beautiful, just like the moodboard, perfect! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous tag, love the bright colours! Thank you for entering the Lindy's Stamp Gang Color Challenge oxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing details
    Thanks for playing along with Lindys

    ReplyDelete