Believe in Magic

Happy Sunday!!

New challenge up on the blog at Mixed Media World. As always we have fabulous prizes over there and great challenges! You really need to check out this months moodboard, it is stunning! I have chosen to follow the colours.



I have altered one on those blank little boxes that you can buy at The Range, the perfect base for a bit of mixed media magic. I have chosen colours and textures from this gorgeous moodboard:



Isn't this beautiful? Perfect frosty mornings, layers of greys and blues... stunning isn't it!



I built up from a layer of black gesso, adding texture and some Scrapiniec pieces and with art stones.



I used Tulle, that stuff I can't remember the name of that florists use... :) any answers please let me know in the comments, I really can't think want the name is for it - the spike-hairy looking stuff lol




The paints and colours I used were Lindy's Magical Shaker Barvarian Blue, Art Alchemy Deep Waters, Treasure Gold Pewter and Sapphire.



Then topped a luscious layer or Glass Glitter in Midnight Blue, and Micro Beads in Black (I always think poppy seeds when I see them). And my favourite sentiments are from 7 Dots Studio, I just love how unique and different they are, but also what great value!



So this is it for me for today, please stop by the blog and check out my gorgeous teamies work, they are always breathtaking. 

Love,
Georgie
xx


7 comments

  1. Georgie your small box is looking gorgeous ! Love your color choices and the amazing texture ! You added a lot of magic stuff to this !
    Thank you so much for sharing your lovely art ! It is truly inspirational !!
    Hugs from Monica
    Spain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Georgie! This is a real stunner! Love the texture and those gorgeous colours! Hugs,Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! The frostyness really catches the eye. Wonderful project sweetie. Love! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Georgie! The texture is amazing on the the sides! Did you do this using the gesso, or is it a stencil? The name I know that stuff by is Basket Filler. I finally have gotten some as years of drooling over Pamellia's but I can't get control over the stuff! Love your colors here, and also enjoyed reading about your process! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete