The Traveller - Idea-ology Jewellery


Hi Folks

***Sorry this post hasn't gone out in time with the guest post on AVG - I had left it in draft - doh!! slap wrist :) But better late than never, right?! 

For this guest post I knew I wanted to do something different. I love trying new things and I was desperate to dig into my stash of Tim Holtz Idea-ologly pieces. I also love old style relics, the kind of thing you may see in ancient, magical, fantasy, fiction films! So after some serious playing around with bits and pieces, The Traveller was born...



Other than the chain and wire, all parts are Tim Holtz Idea-ology pieces.

I used the wire to be partly integral to the joining up of the design. It actually goes through the centre and holds the top sections together and swivel clasp is completely dependant on it. 

To get the aged rust and patina effects, I used TenSecond Studio VerDay set.


The layering consists of the following in order:

Layer 1: Compass piece
Layer 2: Wings with a small Mini Gear nestled right next to it (you can see better in the photo below)
Layer 3: Swivel Clasp for bail with mini cog on the wings at the bottom. This creates a level base for the word band.
Layer 4: Word Band
Layer 5: Slightly larger Mini Gear
Layer 6: Spinner
Layer 7: Brad


Hopefully in this picture you can see the layers better. I also used Glossy Accents to also help secure this together. So it is not whole reliant on the wire.


The Swivel Clasp bail, I removed the chain part and kept the main ring to join to the chain.


And here it is, again lol. Hope you enjoyed, any questions please ask. And a big thank you to A Vintage Journey for asking to guest for them, especially in their anniversary month!


Hugs,
Georgie

4 comments

  1. Ohhhhhh this is breathtaking! I love it, so very unique and one of a kind! Spectacular sweetie! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever creation, wonderfully thought out and executed, I don't think I have ever seen Idea-ology pieces used so beautifully before! It was so lovely to have you guesting at AVJ too, with your wonderful art. If I had a penny for every time I left a post in draft..... lol. Definitely better late than never! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow !! This one is just stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete