A Little Luxury - Altered Box

Hiya'll

Just a quickie as I have another post coming tomorrow. Saw the challenge over at Dusty Attic and really wanted to get in there quick whilst my mojo re-visted me last night - it's been on the low key over Christmas. But the Dusty Attic mood board got the ol' creative wheels going again.


I was really inspired by Heather McMahon's interpretation of the board, about not always having to choose the colour palette (although that is where I started with grey and rusty colours), but I love the word 'crisp' and 'luxury', and wanted to achieve this feel even though it is an altered item. Like Heather, too, I couldn't resist a little teal :)


I used the Dusty Attic Lacey Heart Frames, which were the perfect fit for this box and the little gift that is inside. The doll is from Sandra Evertson's Relics and Artefacts collection. Been dying to dig into these for ages!


Frame, crackle, gears and of course some Lindy's, make a fab combo for getting the mojo back in action.


I added some gilding wax to the bottom to bring some neutral tones from the colour palette back in to box.




The little gift... here is where I went rusty in colour and very vintage for me. The image is from the new IndigoBlu Lost Family collection due to be released soon and and the heart from Dusty Attic, is the smallest one from the set of three. The framing the box is the middle one.


I used a Tim Holtz key chain thingy-me-bob, to make it into a little keyring to add. I used the centre of the Dusty Attic heart as a base for my picture, embossed with UTEE and added a layer DecoArt matte varnish.

Here is the DA moodboard:



Anyway, hope you're all having wonderfully creative Christmas time and see you soon, I've started my catch ups so should be with you soon.
Hugs
Georgie
xx

I'd like to enter this in the Dusty Attic December 2015 Challenge (image above) 

and the Lindy's December Challenge (Opal Sea Oats and Blazing Black from here as listed and linked above) :)






12 comments

  1. This is ever so gorgeous! Love how you united the color and the soothing look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work as usual my dear!!!
    Hugs
    Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely box and fabulous key chain! Great use of the chips and those colors are just yummy! I've got a bit of catching up to do, as well. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas day, and your Christmas spirit will continue throughout the year! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunningly jaw droppingly gorgeous! OMG Gorgie, you have really rocked this trinket box. I love the crackle, the shimmer, the heart locket, even the chain thingy-me-bob! :). Fabulous!
    Thank you so much for your friendship and for all the stunning projects you've shared this year. May the New Year bring many creative blessings for you, my friend. Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Utterly adorable, Georgie - and the heart charm is wonderful too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally delectable & yup! You've interpreted the mood board really well!! Love that's what a mood board is for:) GORGEOUS otp project....thanks for finding the time [& mojo!!!} for joining us at Dusty Attic this month:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just absolutely in love with all the projects you make. They are all so beautiful and interesting. Hope your imagination will help you make more beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. W-O-W!! This is so beautiful! I love all that fab crackle on the box and your little gift is of course gorgeous! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you got your mojo back because this is a stunning creation. I love Sandra's Relics and Artifacts too and you have used the little girl beautifully. Love the little charm too! Happy New Year! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy to hear your mojo is good! Nothing like not having any mojo, it sucks. This lovely box is exquisite and so soft. My favorite had to be the little charm you made. Gorgeous colors and that angel-sigh. :) I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year as well! Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beauty this is... very soft and delecate, just perfect! Congratulations on your win at DA, very well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a well deserved win...Really hope the Mojo stays put in order for you to enter many more Dusty Attic challenges this year!!! Thank you for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete