The Midnight Zone - Art Journal Page

Hiya!!

Over at Mixed Media World it is time for a new challenge! 




This month Debs has chosen our challenge theme and we have a mood board to work from. I love mood boards as it is what inspires you and the interpretation is so unique from person to the next.


I love the sea, and from this I saw the depths of the midnight zone, the place where sunlight never reaches but there is wondrous world down there that still thrives, and creatures create light in their own way...



I felt very inspired by Marta Lapkowska's journal pages and the way she creates movement. Her work is beautiful! I wanted to get the feeling of the midnight zone across with its mystery, variety and flecks of light from sea creatures weaving in and out of each other. It's such a diverse place, and hasn't evolution taken some extraordinary turns...!


See fools gold...? Nah just some gorgeous Prima bling.


Here you can see the glass bead gel I used, I used one by Galleria, and it did the job admirably creating scaly. bumpy texture. I embossed it with some Queen of Sheeba Lindy's EP and used Lindy's sprays to 


Love this saying and thought it was perfect for this "expect nothing and appreciate everything". Like the midnight zone, one would expect nothing to thrive there, let alone a beautiful glowing community that we have really yet to fully understand and discover. These word just fit :) Oh and look close you can see my reflection the scales - haha xx


And what is a Georgie project without a little dazzle, and these fish scale effect gems from Prima were a must, as were the fools gold looking ones!

Hope you have had a good weekend and I will be catching up on my bloggy socials next week, sorry I've not passed by recently, but I will allow two nights to go back and catch up on all your wonderful work.



Come and play over at Mixed Media World, this challenge is awesome, some fantastic prizes and remember the board can be interpreted anyway you like, use the colours, or the pic or both!!

Love and christmas hugs
Gee
xx


14 comments

  1. Exquitsite!Very gorgeous textures and love the depth...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning, Gee! Love the beautiful abstract page, magical! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blingalicious! Totally agree re: Marta's work, too.... you've pulled this off so beautifully:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done exactly what you set out to do Gee, this is absolutely fantastic. I love the depth you created, the movement you achieved and the dreamy colours - superb work!! You are an amazing artist. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Georgie I love how you have used this muted palette. There is so much wonderful texture and visual depth to this page. A really lovely piece of art xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous, Georgie... the sombre colour palette comes to dazzling life with all that shimmer, glitz and bling, but it also plumbs the depths with the deeper shades... a really amazing page.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Georgie! Love the addition of the metallics and the Prima bling, really gives it an elegance that I can't stop staring at!! Stunning! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful from the depths of the expansive ocean! Such a creative narrative and oh so delicious Gee! Your use of these Prima products is awesome sauce and I love the stunning textures. You know I am a huge fan of anything metallic and this is wowzers! Hugz and Merry Christmas to you muffin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Georgie! I nearly missed this which would have been a terrible shame! I love this vision of shimmery loveliness! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! Amazing work Georgie!!! Your sophisticated interpretation of the inspiration photo and the color palette is simply mind-blowing!!
    Hugs

    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love the way you have interpreted this, its so different and you have come at it from a totally different angle! Love it! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful use of those colors, and I love the Prima bling! Such an elegant work of art! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the mention... I adore your page... when I saw it at first I felt it reminds me of my way of seeing colour... and there to find out you actually said my name ! you have done a wonderful page ! xx

    ReplyDelete